Friday, June 3, 2011

It's a gift...

Here's a great article about weight-loss:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/31/5-things-weight-loss-didnt-know/

A few of my favorite lines:
  • did you know that regular exercise can actually change your own taste preferences from high-fat health traps to more low-fat favorites? Studies show that 12 weeks of regular exercise literally changes your desire for higher fat foods.
  • You know that weight loss that stays off means regular exercise must stay ON–on your weekly planner and checked off when done.
I'm really trying to focus on the FITNESS benefits of staying in shape and letting go of the number obsession.  I've shared that I've gained back 8 pounds and that has me hugely frustrated.  I am frustrated, but that was getting me nowhere.  I'm trying hard to change my thinking from a desire to be certain weight and more to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. 

I've recently been struck by how lucky I am to be ABLE to exercise.  What if I were suddenly wheelchair-bound or bedridden?  What if I injured myself and couldn't run, jump or even walk the dog?  The Ability and the Option to exercise is a gift.  One that I don't want to throw away or disregard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment